Ruby Mulled Cider
A fine blend of spices wrapped in muslin, to infuse in hot cider for a traditional winter warmer.
HAND BLENDED INGREDIENTS
3L Ruby Cider
1. Decant 3L of cider and the muslin infuser into a good-sized pan (heavy bottomed if possible).
2. Apple juice may be used for a non-alcoholic alternative or added to the cider to add sweetness.
3. Add one peeled and sliced apple or orange.
4. Gently heat for 10-15 minutes on a low heat. Do not boil! If you see a lot of steam coming off the top of the liquid, turn the heat down slightly.
5. During the warming process the muslin spice infuser will release subtle flavours
6. Sample frequently until it reaches your ideal serving taste and temperature.
7. Serve with a slice of apple or orange in each tankard or glass.
8. Delicious warmed or cold.
9. Any left-over mulled cider can be decanted into a bottle and reheated as required.
10. Colcombe House Mulled Cider will keep in the fridge approximately 3 – 5 days once mulled.